Thank You Lion's Club!
The Bellbrook Lions Club generously in purchased three Sensit 100 Carbon Monoxide detectors for the first in bags on our Medic Units. Our engines carry hand held monitors for CO and other hazards but the emergency responders who arrive on scene in an ambulance for an illness are often not alerted to the possibility of CO in a residence. These small units will provide safety to our crews and the community members on every call alerting them to Carbon Monoxide upon entry to an occupancy. Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless killer. Thank you to the Bellbrook Lions Club for keeping our emergency personnel and community safe.
Be Safe During Flood Season
Floods are among the most frequent and costly natural disasters. Conditions that cause floods include heavy or steady rain for several hours or days that saturates the ground. Flash floods occur suddenly due to rapidly rising water along a stream or low-lying area.
For more information on being prepared for, responding during, or recovering from flooding check out the Red Cross Flood Information Page. Just click the image to the right!
Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips
Often called the invisible killer, carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely. In the home, heating and cooking equipment that burn fuel can be sources of carbon monoxide.
Be sure to check out the information from the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), just click on the image to the right! The CDC also has some helpful information that you can find on their website.
Welcome from the Chief
Welcome to the Bellbrook Fire Department’s web site. It is both an honor and privilege to be the Bellbrook Fire Department’s Chief. The department is an innovative and progressive organization with an emphasis on service. As you tour this site, you’ll discover that the Bellbrook Fire Department takes pride in its commitment to the community and its residents.